Fall 2017 semester
Period: 12 classes from September 19th/20th/21st to December 12th/13th/14th, 2017
Registrations are now closed.
|19:00 – 20:00||Beginner
|20:00 – 21:00||Hal and Betty Takier
|20:15 – 21:15||Authentic Jazz||Beginner
|21:15 – 22:15||Beginner
|21:30 – 22:30||Jimmie Lanceford
|22:15 – 23:30||Balboa Social Dance
(also in Altrimenti)
|All classes will be held at Altrimenti|
The names that are given to the non-beginner classes are just examples. Every group will get an opportunity to suggest a name of an artist they would like to use and vote for the one to be used, so that they chose the artist they like to be identified by.
This semester, we are offering two beginner classes of Lindy, and one of Balboa. Additionally, there will be one Authentic Jazz class, and three more Lindy Hop classes where you can find inspiration.
No matter how experienced a dancer is, it is always worth it to go back to the basics and even do a beginner class again, or look for something new in the Authentic Jazz or Balboa classes. All of these dances belong to swing dance world.
For the three non-beginner Lindy hop classes, you will be asked to select the two dates and times you would like to take based on your time preferences. You will also be asked to specify the names of up to 3 co-dancers with whom you’d like to dance (either leaders or followers based on your role, we just want to know who you feel most comfortable dancing around). We will then take care of setting up the dancing groups accordingly!
As per usual, we accept registrations as a couple (although both partners will need to complete the registration separately), by indicating during the registration process who your dance partner will be for each course.
We’ve carefully prepared some frequently asked questions and their answer, please see refer to them to see if they answer your initial questions!
This semester we will again be lucky enough to have an invitational professional teacher from the United States teaching all classes. Please refer to our teacher information page for all of the details!
Please subscribe to our google calendar to upload the dates below into your own agenda. We promise that you will be happy you did!
Note: There will be no classes on October 31st or November 1st/2nd.
|Beginner Lindy Hop 1||19, 26||3, 10, 17, 24||7, 14, 21, 28||5, 12|
|Authentic Jazz||19, 26||3, 10, 17, 24||7, 14, 21, 28||5, 12|
|Jimmie Lanceford||19, 26||3, 10, 17, 24||7, 14, 21, 28||5, 12|
|Arti Shaw||20, 27||4, 11, 18, 25||8, 15, 22, 29||6, 13|
|Beginner Lindy Hop 2||20, 27||4, 11, 18, 25||8, 15, 22, 29||6, 13|
|Tommy Dorsey||20, 27||4, 11, 18, 25||8, 15, 22, 29||6, 13|
|Beginner Balboa||21, 28||5, 12, 19, 26||9, 16, 23, 30||7, 14|
|Hal and Betty Takier||21, 28||5, 12, 19, 26||9, 16, 23, 30||7, 14|
IMPORTANT: Fees listed are for the whole semester from September to December 2017!
Lindy Hop, Balboa, and Authentic Jazz (12 classes)
1st course: 150 € per person.
2nd courses: 120 € per person.
3rd or more courses: 90 € per person.
- Course fees are for one course period (September – December); a course period consists of 12 classes.
- In case Swing Dance Luxembourg decides to cancel classes you will receive a full refund of your payment for the cancelled lessons. We do not refund payments for classes in case of force majeure, nor in case you cannot attend due to reasons other than the one described above.
- We don’t offer trial classes. If you’re curious to get an idea what the course is like, please join one of our free taster classes, or join us during our social dancing.
The success of our classes depends on you, our wonderful students, showing up for the course(s) you register in! Therefore we have some rules:
- Full refund with a 5 euro administration fee will be possible up until September 15, 2017.
- No refund is available for any cancellations made after September 15, 2017.
Successful registration for courses acts like a ticket, and is transferrable to another student according to these rules:
- The new student is the correct level and dancing role (lead/follow).
- The financial aspects of this transfer must be conducted privately between the two individuals.
- The original ticket holder must inform Swing Dance Luxembourg (SDL) of the transfer.
- The communication of this transfer to SDL must take place no later than 1 week (September 12th, 2017) before the event start.
Dancing and physical fitness
Dancing is a physical activity and the association, teachers and staff assume no liability for personal injuries or loss of, or damage to, personal property. If you have any doubts as to your physical abilities, please consult your physician before participating. Enjoy and dance at your own risk.