We are delighted to present to you a new workshop experience with Tony and Irene!
On Saturday, March 12th, 4 modules will be open to all levels with focus on specific topics.
On Sunday, March 13th, 3 level-based classes will be available
Two parties, two bands!!! This time we have a big party on Saturday, and also a “thank you teachers” party on Sunday! BOTH NIGHTS WITH LIVE BANDS!!!
Jump to: Schedule | Prices | How to Register | Teachers
Saturday, March 12th
Classes @ Art and Sport
- 9:30 AM – 10:45 AM: Rhythm and Musicality for Lindy Hoppers
- 11:00 AM – 12:15 PM: Charleston
- 2:00 PM – 3:15 PM: Spins and Turns
- 3:30 PM – 4:45 PM: Slides
- 5:00 PM – 6:15 PM: Advanced module (reserved for advanced dancers only)
Party with Hop Sh’Bam Connection @ Altrimenti from 9:00 PM to 2:00 AM
Sunday, March 13th
Classes @ Art and Sport
- 9:45 AM – 12:00 PM: Beginners
- 1:30 PM – 3:45 PM: Advanced
- 4:00 PM – 6:15 PM: Intermediate
“Thank you teachers” party with Ramblin’ South @ Altrimenti from 8:00 PM to 11:30 PM
Each of Saturday’s modules will be 30€ per couple.
Sunday’s class will be 60€ per couple.
How to Register
Save the date! Registrations will open on Thursday, February 18th at 7:00 PM!
New workshop, new rules!
Subscription is for COUPLES ONLY. Find your partner and register your couple!
Without a partner?! Find one on Facebook! Leave a post on the event’s page and find your other half! (Please be a Facebook-polite person: once you find a partner, remove your post from the page so that people will not try to partner up with you when you’re already taken!)
Once you’re partnered up, what you will need to register:
- Follower’s name
- Follower’s e-mail
- Leader’s name
- Leader’s e-mail
- Decide together how many and which modules to take on Saturday (see below for more information)
- Decide together what level of class you’ll do on Sunday (see below for more information)
Once you’ve submitted your registration, wait for the confirmation e-mail and check the modules that you and your partner have been placed into.
Lastly, just confirm with a bank transfer and you’re in!!
Unable to attend both days with the same partner? No problem! You may choose to register with a different partner for Saturday than for Sunday: simply submit one registration form for Saturday with your first partner, then submit a second registration form for Sunday with your second partner!
- Rhythm and Musicality for Lindy Hoppers
- Spins and Turns
Saturday’s modules are new: pick what you like! How to do this:
- Enter the number of the modules you want to take. We strongly recommend you choose to do only TWO MODULES and no more, otherwise you’ll be shattered for the parties!!
- Enter your ranking for all the modules in order of preference: 1 being the module you’d most like to take, 5 being the module you’d least like to take. If you are not an advanced dancer, your choice number 5 must be the advanced level module!
- You will be assigned your modules in the order of preference that you specify, according to availability. If your first choice fills up, then you will placed in your second choice, and so on.
Need help choosing what level to choose for Sunday’s classes? Levels are the usual ones:
- Beginners: Lindy 2 for those taking classes in Lux
- Intermediate: Lindy 3 for those taking classes in Lux
- Advanced: Teachers and almost-teachers in Lux
Is greek italian, born in lake Garda (IT), she is a visual artist and a dancer. Trained in ballet for many years, she likes to try different things to combine her experience gained from different dance forms, like contemporary and tap dance, (her new favourite things), aiming for better technique as well as rhythmical and musical understanding. In 2010 she found lindy hop in Athens (GR), but it was in Gent (BE) where she lived for two years that she really got to know Lindy Hop, as well as discover authentic jazz and to start teaching.
In 2012 she met her partner Tony Jackson, with whom she now travels to teach in different camps and events, including the biggest African American dance camp, Herrang (SE), as well as to compete, having garnered many placements, such as the 1st prize in ESDC 2013 (Open Classic), to mention one highlight.
Irene likes to travel, social dance and take as many classes as possible to expand her knowledge, she loves to compete and has been doing so with many placements.
As a dancer she believes in a dance that feels flowy, natural and comfortable, which allows her to be creative, rhythmical and connect with the music, as well as her partner.
As a teacher, she hopes to share the same ideas with her students.
Since the end of 2013 she is back in Athens, where she started the first dance project focusing on jazz roots – the Athens Authentic Jazz Dance project.
When Tony discovered swing dancing just over five years ago, he found a way to indulge his love for rhythm and the music and to be creative in a way which he never thought possible – he now focuses all of his energy on his dancing and teaching.
He is based in London, England and teaches regularly with Sharon Davis for her school, JazzMAD, but also for a number of the other different schools in the city, as well as internationally with his partner Irene Ragusini. He and Irene are both successful competitors, having competed and placed in some well respected competitions. They have a very special love for social dancing. They are highly thought of, and are quickly being recognised amongst a new generation of teachers, having most recently been invited to teach at the most prestigious and historical event, Herrang Dance Camp, in 2015.
As a teacher, Tony hopes to inspire others by sharing ideas for rhythmic clarity and creativity, which allow dancers to connect to their partner, to the music and to really express themselves.